Zelan looks like a penny laggard now with great prospects:
1) Already secured half a Billion Ringgit (Over Rm600 millions) projects in hand.
And more to come
2) Malaysia Registered an increase of Total Exports for 1H 2016. Good for all ports.
3) MMC is buying up Klang Ports & Penang Ports
4) And Rm18 Billions Expansion for PTP. PTP is already the Biggest Container Port in the world now.
5) All these bode well for Zelan future prospects in securing vital jobs as Zelan & MMC are closely linked.
6) And More Jobs Award from RAPID for Zelan possible.
7) Zelan might also win the upcoming New Johor Airport in Pontain.
8) And if TPP goes through expect Malaysian Exports to explode upward
9) Last time Zelan experienced bad debt due to the Crisis in Middle East. Now the jobs secured are mostly within Malaysia. So there is less risk of default in collections.
10) And since DRB, UEMS & others Govt Link Election Stocks Have Rebounded It Is Only A Matter of time for Zelan’s turn going into GE Year of either 2017 or 2018
From all rosy prospects Calvin thinks Zelan’s future is bright.
Malaysia’s biggest single port operator and a subsidiary of MMC Corporation Berhad, the Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) announced that it will invest more than RM8.6 billion with its new expansion plan to improve the port’s capacity over the next five to fifteen years.
The expansion plan was revealed during Dato’ Khaled Nordin, Menteri Besar Johor’s visit and Tijarah Ramadan to PTP. Also present were Datuk Ir. Haji Hasni Haji Mohammad, Johor State Executive Council for Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Dr. Haji Zaini Abu Bakar, and Iskandar Puteri MP and Chairman of PTP, Dato’ Sri Che Khalib Mohamad Noh.
“As one of the fastest growing ports in the world, PTP is committed to increase its efficiency and productivity level. The expansion is to ensure that PTP remains competitive in the market and ultimately become the most preferred transhipment port in Asia,” said Che Khalib.
PTP is currently operating 14 berths measuring five kilometres of quay length. As an important regional transhipment hub, continuous capacity expansion is a smart move to ensure the port can handle future growths while still offering valuable business proposition to its clients, both old and new.
“We anticipate the expansion of PTP will create more job opportunities to the locals, thus further position Johor as a regional economic power and not just a part of the Malaysian economy,” said Khaled.